Our Corporate team provides day-to-day legal support to many Portuguese and international companies, business groups, investors and funds, and SMEs. Through a multidisciplinary method, when needed, we work with lawyers from other practice areas, in particular, tax, real estate, labour, and commercial litigation and arbitration.
When counselling our clients, we ensure we are aware of the sectors and markets in which they operate, by also keeping close contact with the regulators of the same sectors.
Our goal is for our clients to achieve the utmost standards of good governance, by developing effective tailor-made solutions throughout the life cycle of their investments.
With a deep knowledge of the technical issues that arise from applicable legal regulations and good codes of conduct, our team vigorously advises clients on varied investment structures – both in nature and required compliance, industry-specific and geographical location.
We also assist private and family offices, and private listed and public companies, creating innovative solutions.
- Relationship between shareholders
- Relationship between board members and shareholders/activists
- Relationship with stakeholders
- Board member composition and executive committees
- Succession and removal of board members and respective policies
- Design of good governance and best practices procedures, notably regarding the definition of discharge of fiduciary duties by board members, as well as compliance assessment methods
- Private wealth and unincorporated governance structures