Our Tax team has played a part in mergers, acquisitions, restructuring, and financial and foreign investment transactions in Portugal as well as outbound. We provide legal support for our client’s projects from evaluation through to implementation.
In tax litigation, our work covers all stages of tax processes and proceedings. This includes defending our client’s interests across the board in administrative, arbitration and judicial proceedings. We also represent our clients in criminal tax, customs and social security cases. In addition, we advise and represent our clients in cases involving the most controversial and innovative tax issues in Portugal.
Our team always seeks to present pragmatic tax solutions and to guarantee the effective defence of our client’s interests.
Our tax team has unique analytical abilities and is best known for its capabilities in structuring highly efficient innovative structures within a highly scrutinised and regulated environment, in every market where our clients operate.
- International tax planning
- Tax structuring of mergers, spin-offs, acquisitions and restructurings
- Tax planning of financial transactions & products
- Property taxation and estate planning
- Tax optimisation of national & international company groups
- Tax disputes and litigation
- Value-added tax and indirect taxes, social security contributions
- Transfer pricing in major groups of companies operating in the markets in which we operate.
- Private Wealth
- Non-Habitual Resident Special Tax Regime